- Inventory in English and the contents of each carton/package
must be clearly defined
- Terms such as miscellaneous and PBO-Packed by Owner are prohibited
- Personal Effects Declaration authorized by the Commission
- CUSTOMER MUST BE IN COUNTRY FOR CUSTOMS CLEARANCE
- Used household goods may be duty-free for Papua New Guinea
citizens or employees of Papua New Guinea companies, providing
they have owned and used the goods for at least 12 months prior
to shipment arrival and goods are for their own personal use.
- All shipments inspected
- New items (purchase receipts required)
- All electrical/electronic items must be declared and are dutiable;
receipts may be required to prove ownership over 12 months.
- Foodstuff is subject to quarantine
- Liquor - One liter allowed duty free per person 18 and over.
Remaining alcohol is subject to high duty and tax. Rates are
based on CIF value.
- Tobacco products may not exceed 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes
- Products from endangered animal species (such as ivory, skins,
- Flick knives
- Pornographic material
Duty free entry if vehicle has been in the owner's use and
possession for 12 months or more, and not be sold or otherwise
disposed of for 15 months after importation. Documentation:
- Customs declaration
- Original purchase invoice
- Insurance certificate
- Maintenance invoices
All video tapes are screened and subject to duty (K5.00 per